Sunday, September 7, 2014

SO MANY THINGS….

Oh my goodness - it's been FOREVER since I've posted!  So much has happened since my last post.  First of all, my baby girl is almost 1! (which is why I haven't posted in forever, I've been a little busy with the babe)  I can't believe it!  Time sure does fly.  


This is Elle in her ladybug costume I just found.



Aside from caring for my growing children, I had a fabulous girls vacation to Greece this summer (more on that later), my "Fox and Houndstooth" collection sold really well,  (sold out in many locations) and I've been super busy cranking out artwork in the hopes of attending Surtex next year.  (saving up for a booth) I'm pretty sure at this point that I've officially decided to do so.  I just need to put some final touches on my plans and put down a deposit on a booth.  Woohoo!  SOOOO exciting yet SOOOO stressful at the same time.  The pressure is on!  I'm such a perfectionist and planner that I will be LIVING Surtex for the next 8 months.  There's so much to do to get ready (aside from the obvious building of my portfolio)  I will try to be better about posting in the future and I'll post about my process of preparing for Surtex.

                  













These are the 3 prints from my "Fox and the Houndstooth" collection
(if you liked this collection, stay tuned - there might be more foxes to come)


Currently, however, Surtex planning is on hold because I'm in the midst of competing in the Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search.  For those of you who don't know, Lilla Rogers is an amazing agent who reps some of the most talented artists all over the world and gets them all these amazing license deals.  The winner of this competition gets a 2-year contract with her as well as several great licensing opportunities and a trip to London.  About 1000 artists from all over the world entered this year and Lilla and a panel of judges have already narrowed it down to the top 50.  And… I MADE IT!   I can't believe it!  Woohoo!  I entered the competition mostly for the exposure and practice but never thought I'd make it even to the top 50.  I just turned in my 2nd assignment this week.  Lilla and the judges will be picking the top 5 and there will also be a 6th "People's Choice" artist who makes it to the next round by winning the most votes.  Voting starts tomorrow so make sure you vote! 

I can't share my 2nd assignment just yet, but here is my first submission for the "Little Terrarium" assignment.



I will continue to post about the Global Talent Search in the coming days.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me and vote!!!

1 comment:

  1. Did your fox and houndstooth ever get produced in this navy colour way!

    ReplyDelete