Sunday, September 16, 2012

IT'S OFFICIAL

So now I am officially a blogger.  This is my first post and I'm so excited, I don't know what to share first.  The reason I started this blog is because I've quit my day job to stay home with my amazing 5 year old son and start my own business.  I'm so lucky to have had the choice and opportunity to do so.  My husband and I have worked really hard over the past few years to make this an option and we finally did it!  Yay!  I've also been extremely lucky to have  landed a contract with Robert Kaufman to produce my own collection of fabrics (in stores in the Spring).  I entered the Fabric8 contest on an amazing website that I'm obsessed with - Spoonflower and I actually won!  I can't believe it!  

Here's the announcement from Spoonflower.



  And here's the announcement from Robert Kaufman.



I'm so excited to be working with Robert Kaufman on this collection!  I've already sent them my logo for the selvage.  (I can't believe my name is going to be on the selvedge!!!)  They have also recently sent me some color ways of the collection that they are striking off.  The color combos are really pretty - I can't wait to see the actual fabric.  I took a tour of their studio in L.A. via Skype recently and got to meet many of their talented artists on staff.  I'll actually get to meet some of them in October when I attend the Quilt Market in Houston.  That will be my first time to Quilt Market and I can't wait!
I'll definitely continue to post about my journey with Robert Kaufman as the process continues.  I've gotten some great feedback and such amazing support already from the Spoonflower community.  My collection is currently for sale there, but not for much longer.  I'd love to see what people are doing with my fabric and will be sure to share any fun projects that come along.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! And I am so happy for you. Can't wait to see what comes next. We will have so much fun at Quilt Market!

    ReplyDelete